The District Health Directorate is responsible for providing strategic and administrative leadership for the management of policies and programmes relating to Environmental Sanitation. As part of the Department’s responsibility, it provides advice for the formulation and review of policies and programmes on Environmental Sanitation, Develop technical standards and specification for Environmental Sanitation service delivery.
In the execution of its mandate, the Department initiates and coordinate research and lead the dissemination of results in the Environmental Sanitation field. It also vets building plans and specifications of various types of licensed establishments, for compliance with Environmental Sanitation rules and regulations.
Contemporary environmental health services by promoting and protecting public health and safety through collaboration innovation and strategic standard enforcement
Providing Environmental Health and Sanitation profile for policy formulation process
- Geographical boundary
- Identify socio-economic/cultural activities
- Identify stakeholders/opinion leaders
- Identify sanitary sites and other facilities e.g. schools, hospitals, churches, etc.
- Identify hard core sanitary problems existing within the community.
- Document profile into DESSAP (District Environmental Sanitation Strategy and Action Plan)